Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Desert Shoot!

You know, I've tried to be professional with this blog but everytime I want to say something, I feel like I have to sensor myself. I just can't do it anymore. I'm unleashing my self onto you! Be afraid! Run Away! Save Yourself! So as I was saying in a previous post, being in the desert has had some challenges when it comes to wedding photography. I've avoided High Desert weddings like the plague. I'm always trying to find that green patch of grass with a tree. It's exhausting because it's a desert here and we just don't have very many trees. After shooting at the Anti-Workshop in Vegas , I was inspired to try some new ideas. Now, I know that I have some good friends but Megan, Aime and Tracy were real troopers. Aime let us use her beautiful dress, which we accidentally ripped on a Joshua tree AND got oil on from the motorcycle ( you'll see). Tracy was my assistant with a reflector and a flash. After having Tracy along to help, I'm starting to think that I should always have an assistant. What luxury! I highly recommend getting an assistant. Megan was our model. I really appreciated Megan. She rode on a quad, laid on the ground in the middle of the desert, burned out her retinas looking into the sun and even did a cartwheel in high heels. That girl has talent!

You can see a slide show here.





No comments: