Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vegas

I had the opportunity to attend the Anti- Workshop over the last 4 days in Vegas. It's not your typical workshop. Our first exercise was to break up into group and photograph a giant Elvis cut out with a Polaroid camera. Awesome group #9 (my group) won the challenge! Yay for us. We photographed our Elvis in a bar, having a drink, at the pool with a few guys laying out, in a hair salon under a hair dryer and a few other choice locations. Needless to say, it was a blast. Our prize was Found Polaroids by Jason Bitner and Tod Lippy.

On the second day we had a shot list to complete. The Cooper's along with the Boutwell's recruited some of their past brides to be our models. All of the brides wore their own dresses and were willing to do just about anything. One bride actually got into a swimming pool for an image. Our group didn't win this challenge but we ended up with some really kick-ass images. I loved it. Doing these exercises has inspired me to do some work in my own backyard, not literally but almost. I live in the high desert and have avoided the desert like the plague. After participating in the workshop, I really want to do a bridal shoot in the desert. Look for it in the next few weeks.

Add Image



No comments: